In order for the McDonald's Magic City Classic Parade to be successful, all participants should adhere to the following guidelines:
In order for this parade to be successful all participants are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All parade participants must be at their designated line-up areas by 6:45 am to be lined up by the Parade Marshals.
- Parade participant/vehicle with parade permits should enter the blocked intersection nearest their section line up. Only participants with a parade permit will be allowed to enter blocked intersections.
- Parade Permits (ORIGINAL) should be displayed on the driver side of the front windshield. Walking and marching units should have their parade permit on their person. – NO EXCEPTIONS! A parade permit is required for every unit, and this will be STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- Parade Permits CANNOT be duplicated or transferred. The entity on the permit MUST be the one participating in the parade.
- Buses – We will publish bus instructions as soon as they are available.
- The Magic City Classic Parade will start promptly at 8:00 am.
- Please, NO CANDY OR OTHER FAVORS should be thrown or handed out by the parade participants! These practices can result in injuries to children scrambling for candy or falling under moving vehicles. Violators of this request will be removed from the parade and barred from future Magic City Classic Parades. Remember that candy/prize throwing/handing creates a safety hazard for our children!
- All cars and floats should be fully decorated with display signs on both sides stating the name of the organization, etc.
- The Birmingham Police Department will patrol all areas of the parade.
- Parade Marshals – are assigned to each section to ensure that these instructions are followed. All participants MUST follow the orders of the Parade Marshals!!!
- The 2018 parade route will be published on our website and sent to participants when available.
- KEEP MOVING! No stoppages are allowed in the parade. If your unit violates this rule, you will be removed from the parade immediately
- Disbanding – As soon as the 2018 route is finalized, we will publish specific disbanding information. NOTE: ALL BANDS MUST CEASE PLAYING FROM THIS POINT. PROCEED PROMPTLY TO YOUR BUSES AND LOAD UP
Participating in the parade means acceptance of all of these guidelines. Any violation will result in the unit not being able to participate. No refunds will be given in the event a unit breaks a parade policy or neglects to follow any instructions given by parade marshalls.
If you have any further questions, please contact Eric Moore 205-977-9343
Have a great time and enjoy, but most of all be safe and courteous to each other!